1) Check your thermostat to make sure it is set higher than what the
room temperature currently is. If it is the programmable type, also make sure heat switch
is on, the date and time are set correctly and the battery is good.
2) Is the EMERGENCY SWITCH on? Usually located on 1st floor near basement door or utility room door. Looks like
a light switch but has red wall plate with words EMERGENCY SWITCH on it. There may also be a switch on the side of the furnace/boiler. Make sure it is on.
3) Check your home's electrical box for blown fuses or a tripped circuit
breaker. Replace blown fuses or reset the circuit breaker.
4) Check the oil tank gauge. Does it indicate above the bottom line on the glass? The bottom line indicates there is no oil in the tank.
5) Press the burner reset button ONE TIME ONLY. This is typically
located on the top right of the burner. You should hear the unit try to start.
If all checks good on steps 1 thru 4 and does not start and stay running
on step 5, existing Squiers Customers please call 267-3184 for service. A burner technician will arrive
normally within 1 hour.